Thursday 14 November 2013

LibraryThing

I have really enjoyed getting acquainted with LibraryThing and finding out how to use it.  Although we already use this within the Library, currently mainly to promote our new book purchases, I have not been particularly involved with this task and so therefore I was a relative 'newbie'.

How nice to use something which is not only simple to operate but which produces such a good-looking result.  I set about selecting some of the books which I have been reading with my Book Club, and it was simplicity itself to add the books and display them.  I particularly like the 'covers' view.

I can also see the advantages of being able to comment, recommend and share selections.  I am sure that I will think of other ways to use it in the future.  It is particularly suitable for Book Clubs to keep a track of what they have read, but there must be all sorts of uses which we as a Library could adopt to promote our stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment